we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Bumpdate: Week 26

February 14, 2018

Today I had another ultrasound at the AFM. I'm 26 w 1 d, and Ms. Ava is measuring in the 65% for weight, at 2.2 lbs! It was a growth scan so they took all her measurements and everything looked good! This is the first time that I almost felt like I was going to cry when she was like, "Ok, and now we're going to measure the femur." I'm like - omg. There is a little human, with a FEMUR BONE inside of my body!! This is insane. I just remember the first (transvaginal 😓) ultrasound, where she was like, a piece of rice. She was literally a little beating heart and that was it. And now look at her. She's got a femur (!) and a stomach (!) and a bladder (!) and a gallbladder (!). It's incredible. 

I'm feeling her move a LOT more now. Pretty consistently every night and throughout the day. Yesterday I was making felipe watch my stomach so he could see her trying to escape. 

That second trimester honeymoon is now starting to wear off -- which makes sense as next week I'll be in the third trimester -- but I'm starting to get uncomfortable when I'm sleeping, my back hurts all day, my feet are getting swollen, etc. I did pass the blood glucose test, but my iron is low, so I have to take an iron pill every day now. 

I also, unfortunately, googled "asparatame and pregnancy." Don't do it yall. These crazy hippy websites will freak you the fuck out! The good news is the actual medical websites said that aspartame can't cross the placenta easily. Still, I stopped drinking diet soda the first trimester then slowly let it sneak back into my diet. True, I drink a TON of water (100+oz per day), but I'm not sure if that negates anything. Actually I wasn't even thinking about this till yesterday because I was like, everything is developing great... but then I was like, but what if, like mentally, it's not. I've been so focused on the physical development, that I forgot to be paranoid about the mental/neuro development. Well, another day, another something to worry about. 

I am oscillating between excited and really effin' freaked out now! Only 3 months to go! 

I am exhausted and think Im getting sick because everyone at work is a jerk and came in when they were really sick . . . or it could just be allergies. And I have so much work to do, it's unreal, yet here I am typing a blog post. #procrastinatorsunite. 

xox
kim

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure youre not a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment! :)

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs