we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Post-Vacation Bluuueeess

August 9, 2014

How I feel about the fact that I'm no longer on vacation.


This year was a true vacation. We went to Turks & Caicos after I read on TripAdvisor that it was one of the top 10 beaches in the world, and I'm just gonna throw it out there that YES, it was incredible!!! The water was like pool water!

Turks & Caicos is still pretty low on the travel radar scene, it was only in 1985 that Club Med built a resort there and it's been expanding ever since (most people go to Grand Turk when they're on cruises, but we stayed on Providenciales). So there really is not a lot to do there. Which, was just fine for me.

Anyways, on to those blues . . .


 ^^ full disclosure: that's my sister not me but how cool is this picture??
 Somehow I got roped into eating the "spine" of the conch, fear-factor style . . . also, doesn't that background look fake??
 THAT WATER THOUGH!! They told us they do victoria secret shoots out here . . . well, duh!
 Oh, paddleboarding? Not my jam
 it was better on my knees. (#twss?)

 I wish I didn't look like I had a lazy eye in every snorkeling picture I tried to take!
 View from our beach
 Our room was the bottom left!
Don't make me go back!

The biggest thing T&C has going for it (as opposed to other islands in the Carribbean) is that it is not overrun with tourists (yet). There were plenty of opportunities to take pictures and relax on the beach without seeing anyone else around!

The only cure for this post-vacation depression is a netflix binge . . . up now: Friday Nights Lights

Have you ever been to Turks & Caicos? Where's your favorite vacation spot??

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure youre not a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment! :)

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs