we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Honeymoon Day 1: Bangkok

September 3, 2016

So, our first day in Bangkok was all about recovering from that jetlag. We arrived around noon, I believe, and luckily we were met by a tour guide and a/c-ed mini van that took us to our hotel. (We booked our honeymoon through a travel agent, and while I'd never done this in the past, I am now obsessed and will definitely do so in the future for "big trips" that involve travel in non-English speaking countries with lots of destinations). 

We were pleasantly surprised to learn our room had been upgraded to a nice balcony view (a trend that would continue throughout the trip #honeymoonperks). We did take a nap for a few hours which I really needed, and then we took the river taxi to Asiatique -- yes, it's super touristy, but so what. When you only have a few days in a destination, yeah, you're probably gonna hit up the tourist spots. They're touristy for a reason. That being said, def take a pass on Asiatique if that's not your thing (I'm from Florida so I basically thrive on amuement-park-like areas 💁).

Here's some pics, and yes, all my honeymoon recap posts are going to be very pic-heavy. #sorrynotsorry. 
upgraded balcony room

thai beer at lunch

it's just too much. how does anyone cross the street? #nostoplightsnoproblem

the first of many towel animals

views from water taxi ($1)

#touristlife

miss my singhas!

Bangkok's very own lock bridge! 
We only spent that first day and one full day in Bangkok. I'm really not into cities and I knew there was so much other stuff I wanted to see and experience in SE Asia besides a congested polluted city. Definitely do not regret spending so little time there.

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure youre not a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment! :)

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs