we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Weekend Update: PupLife & Fort Lauderdale

April 16, 2017

On Friday we walked to a nearby "park" that was having a Puplife happy hour. I want to try bringing Barksdale to more things, even though he's kind of skittish around other (especially big) dogs which manifests itself as aggression AKA no good. But, this was close enough that we could leave if he was being bad. He only growled at two dogs so I call that a win. 🤣




On Saturday, we went to Ft. Lauderdale for this Taco / Craft beer battle. Some things I love. It has a lot of potential but I think it was the first year they did it so it was WAY too crowded, the lines for everything were monstruous and just generally unenjoyable. But then, since we were already in Ft Lauderdale we decided to go to the beach.


First stop: McSorley's for a little slice of NYC. Also, they supposedly had a rooftop bar, but when we go there the bartender told us it was closed. Womp womp.


After that, we headed a little further down the beach to a place called LuLu's Bait Shack. It didn't have the best ratings on yelp, but I really loved it. It was just a touristy, beachy place, with an ocean view and decent food. 



After that, we headed home and I had to take a nap. Can't hang anymore. 

We finally watched "13th" on Netflix -- it is so important, everyone should have to watch it. Most of it I already knew from my classes in law school re prison reform, criminal law and capital punishment, but I dont think most people realize the depth of these issues. 


Today is gonna be all about cleaning, laundry, and prepping for the week. Oh, and did I mention someone STOLE two of my grocery bags from Amazon Fresh? -_- WTF, honestly.

Happy Easter! Happy Sunday! Happy Weekend!

xo
Kim

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure youre not a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment! :)

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs