we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Guilty Pleasures

July 2, 2014

OK so it's day 2 and I almost quit this challenge.

I wish I felt comfortable that my work computer wouldn't be searched for a history (i'm 95% sure it won't be -- besides, I'm just an intern! an UNPAID intern!) because today I spent legit 4 hours at work and i did nada one thing! except talk to the other interns for 4 hours.

But, whatevs.

Important life updates:

#1 - Had my LAST final today so SUMMER CLASSES ARE OFFICIALLY DONE AND I OFFICIALLY AM ON SUMMER VACAY UNTIL AUG 20SOMETHING
#2. Dees nails doe
AKA my current nails.
[one of my FB friends posted that liberals celebrating fourth of july is like atheists celebrating christmas -- I'm offended! I'm VERY liberal & I LOVE THE FOURTH OF JULY!!)

Ok, now, onto day 2 prompt: guilty pleasures. I'm writing this without having read any one else's link up so sorry if I'm offending you off the bat, but I don't get when people say totally innocuous things are guilty pleasures: e.g., watching reality television! reading US weekly and other celebrity tabloids! ... like, maybe I'm just a terrible person, but I DO NOT FEEL GUILTY EVEN A TINY BIT about either of those things. Nor do I feel guilty about spending all day in my pajamas, not doing household chores, not making my bed, drinking wine by myself, etc. Those, to me, are just PLEASURES. Somewhere along the line I feel like pleasures got replaced with "guilty pleasure" . . . just because something makes you feel good doesn't mean it should also make you feel guilty (#puritans).

That being said, I do have a FEW guilty pleasures:

#1. FAST FOOD.
I do feel guilty whenever I eat fast food, but I just love it too much. Chipotle, Chickfila, Wendy's, you name it!

#2. Online shopping
Only because I do it too much and spend too much money and I NEVER (literally, NEVER) send something back even if it doesn't fit because I'm

#3. LAZY

I know I just said you shouldn't feel guilty about something that gives you pleasure . . . like, laziness, but, sometimes I'm just a little too much. But I can't help it feeling lazy just feels too good.

& um, that's literally it.

What are your guilty pleasures?



Allieology

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure youre not a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment! :)

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs