we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Happy Canada Day, eh?

July 1, 2014

As of tomorrow at 1pm, I am OFFICIALLY going to be done with summer classes. WOOhooooo!

I've been really wanting to get back into blogging, so what better way than to join up with this blog-erryday in July. Especially since I will have a lot more time on my hands in a couple days!

So, July 1 is everyone's favorite holiday: Canada Day!! Little known fact, I LOVE Canada Day! 

When I first moved to NYC, I lived in Brooklyn and my roommate was Canadian, and all of her friends were Canadian and we went out to celebrate Canada Day at a concert in Prospect Park and then we ended up in Alphabet City, looking really classy! 
me and some canadians ... yes im drinking out of a paper bag #lowmomentinlife

Plus, I've been to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls like 3 x, so I'm basically an honorary Canadian, right??
I do NOT recommend going to Niagara Falls in Febs, jussss sayin!

But seriously, I have never met a Canadian I didn't like -- the friendliest people, and I recently learned that they're trying to acquire Turks & Caicos as their own Canadian Island and the gov't shot that down. No bueno, guys, no bueno.

But here's some questions that I'm too lazy to google:
- What is the government like? Are there two parties like in the US, basically liberal and conservative?
- Do Canadians really love Tim Horton's as much as the prevalence of restaurants would imply?
- How do Canadians feel about Quebecians? Does Quebec want to be its own country?
- Some (not me!) think of Canada as our dorky neighbor to the North, what do Canadians think of the US? Are we the bullying big brother???
- What colors do you wear to celebrate Canada day??


Allieology

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure youre not a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment! :)

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs