As of tomorrow at 1pm, I am OFFICIALLY going to be done with summer classes. WOOhooooo!
I've been really wanting to get back into blogging, so what better way than to join up with this blog-erryday in July. Especially since I will have a lot more time on my hands in a couple days!
So, July 1 is everyone's favorite holiday: Canada Day!! Little known fact, I LOVE Canada Day!
When I first moved to NYC, I lived in Brooklyn and my roommate was Canadian, and all of her friends were Canadian and we went out to celebrate Canada Day at a concert in Prospect Park and then we ended up in Alphabet City, looking really classy!
me and some canadians ... yes im drinking out of a paper bag #lowmomentinlife
I do NOT recommend going to Niagara Falls in Febs, jussss sayin!
But seriously, I have never met a Canadian I didn't like -- the friendliest people, and I recently learned that they're trying to acquire Turks & Caicos as their own Canadian Island and the gov't shot that down. No bueno, guys, no bueno.
But here's some questions that I'm too lazy to google:
- What is the government like? Are there two parties like in the US, basically liberal and conservative?
- Do Canadians really love Tim Horton's as much as the prevalence of restaurants would imply?
- How do Canadians feel about Quebecians? Does Quebec want to be its own country?
- Some (not me!) think of Canada as our dorky neighbor to the North, what do Canadians think of the US? Are we the bullying big brother???
- What colors do you wear to celebrate Canada day??